Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Here's why Trump will win


 Image result for trump in the white house


Prepare yourself for a Trump presidency.  I see three factors driving a yuge Republican win:
  • Yesterday, an exceptionally intelligent & usually smart older friend informed me that he is "going to hold my nose & vote for Trump."  When asked why, he said, "Because I loathe Hillary."  He is okay with voting for someone who the GOP leadership can't bring themselves to call qualified, who rambles in a style unchanged over the past twelve months, whose own supporters defend against criticism for his poor grasp of crucial issues because he hadn't paid any attention to government policy until a year ago, who...  The list goes on & on & on.  And my normally savvy dear older friend will be one of a legion of the elderly who put this man in the Oval Office because they can't stand Hillary.  Count me in also detests the eminently unlikable HRC, a DINO if ever there was one & without an ethical core (true too with Trump).  That said, she's at least experienced, was half of our nation's first "two for one" presidency, was elected to the US Senate, served as Secretary of State.  Much as I can't stand her, she IS qualified to be president, which he most clearly is not.
  • The more establishment elites leave the GOP, the more Trump is legitimately able to point out that he's succeeded in ridding the party of the dead wood that's been holding it back from truly representing "we the people."
  • The old rules don't apply, with disruptors the new political vogue.  HRC is what they're disrupting against - old-school, establishment elite, empty suit.  Her only hope to balance that out is teaming up Elizabeth Warren as her running mate, a possibility that would be amazing from the me me me HRC (another trait shared with Trump).



Image result for trump in the white house


One more - it doesn't matter how much Donald Trump does or doesn't raise. Money is moot this election cycle, at least for The Donald, who will always rake in get billions in free press coverage.  

Back, when the Clintons were in the White House, in my moderate Republican days (back where there were moderate Republicans), I'd often say that Bill & Hillary came from another planet, because what applied for any other politician, what would have sunk any other official, didn't affect them.  If they were were another planet, Donald Trump is from another universe.  And he better start working on his Inauguration Ramble, because I don't see - if older folks like my good friend are already prepared to hold their noses & vote against Hillary - how he's going to lose.  

Imagine Donald Trump in the presidency, the GOP in super majority control of the House & Senate.  Is it any wonder I had a tough time sleeping last night?


  Image result for trump in the white house

 

No comments:

Post a Comment